Basset Hound Training Guide
- Origin: The Basset Hound works best in groups and came to us from France. Its primary role was a hunting dog.
- Life Expectancy: The Basset Hound does not live a very long life. It is somewhere between 7 and 13 years.
- Size: This dog is just over one foot high and comes in at about 55 pounds. The females are less in both categories.
- Exercise: This dog does not need as much exercise as the Akita per say, but it does require a good hour of play each day.
- Attitude: The Basset Hound is not a high energy level dog. Do not mistake that for when it does have energy though. It is a good dog and will not normally act mean. This dog is great with kids and likes to walk around.