Maltese Training Guide
- Origin: The Maltese is a dog for women. You do not see many men that really like this animal. They come from the island of Malta. There is no specific purpose for them other than to be a friend to us.
- Life Expectancy: The life expectancy of a Maltese is very long. They can live up to 20 years of age, which is extremely long for any dog.
- Size: They are short dogs, smaller than your average two foot height. They weigh anywhere from 3 to 8 pounds. Females are less in both categories.
- Exercise: This dog is on the minimal scale for active exercise needed. It is more inclined to sit on a comfy cushion if you will.
- Attitude: The Maltese is a long living dog. Very cheerful and rarely aggressive, they get along great with anyone. I would not recommend them for young children though. Something along the lines of a Golden Retriever would be best for that.