Great Dane Training Guide
- Origin: The Great Dane is a hunting dog that originated in Germany. Many hunting and guard dogs have come from Germany.
- Life Expectancy: The life expectancy of a Great Dane is a little shorter than most dogs. They typically have a maximum life expectancy of 10 years.
- Size: Males are almost three feet tall when fully grown and weigh somewhere between 110 and 160 pounds. Females are a little shorter than the males.
- Exercise: This dog needs a lot of exercise. In fact, most hunting dogs do need a lot of exercise. If you are a home person, I suggest not buying a hunting dog.
- Attitude: While not a popular dog to have, the Great Dane can add a lot of joy in anyone’s life. They are big, but soft and lovely. Well mannered, they add a nice addition to any home.