Chow Chow Training Guide
- Origin: The Chow Chow is actually from Chinese origin. In China, it was used as a guard dog and even the hunter.
- Life Expectancy: The age that this breed lives can vary. An average age of about 10-12 years is common.
- Size: The Chow Chow is just under two feet high and weighs about 50 pounds. They can get a little heavier as well. Females are smaller than males in both height and weight.
- Exercise: The Chow Chow will do great with little periods of exercise throughout the day.
- Attitude: This dog is not recommended for families just starting out with their first puppy. I would also go so far as to say that only older kids should be kept with the dog. It will not really hurt a younger child, it is just better suited with older kids. This dog can also be stubborn.