Australian Shepherd Training Guide
- Origin: The Australian Shepherd comes to us from the United States. It is normally used as a livestock herder and works best in groups.
- Life Expectancy: This dog can live up to 16 years of age.
- Size: The males are around 20 inches high and can weigh anywhere from 40 to 70 pounds. The females are not as high and do not weigh as much.
- Exercise: If you love the outdoors, this dog is for you. It needs a lot of exercise each day.
- Attitude: This dog is very smart and is used as a herder. That makes this dog an excellent dog to teach and to train. When it is working it is highly focused on the task at hand. This dog can be used with children.