Akita Dog Training Guide
- Origin: The Akita is typically a group dog which was used in Japan for hunting and also as a guard dog.
- Life Expectancy: They normally live just around 11 years.
- Size: They grow a little over two feet high and can weigh between 70 and 115 pounds. The females are a little smaller.
- Exercise: This dog needs a lot of exercise. Proper exercise would be just over 130 minutes per day.
- Attitude: The Akita dog is very powerful. It can be raised with a family although I would suggest older children. The dog is full of energy and should be obedience trained at an early age.